Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motor setup for 550

Posted by Caller 
Motor setup for 550
November 13, 2017 11:16AM
I have a Kontronik Pyro 900–09 motor which I want to use in a new 550 setup with 6S 5000mA lipo and a 13 tooth pinion
I know it is a 14 magnet and 950upm/V motor. What changes would I have to make in the setup and banks 1,2,3? Also, I will be using my YGE 90 v3 regler with NEO. Can I change bank 1 for a very low runup.and then switch to bank 2 for a normal flight speed?
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.
Re: Motor setup for 550
November 13, 2017 01:47PM
Hi Dennis,

I don't seem to be able to find the specs for a 900-09 ... do you mean a 600-09?

Well, you can of course use the ESC, and it depends whether you use the YGE Governor or the VBar Governor, if you would want to change only the throttle percentage per bank or if you would have to change the VBar Governor settings (half pole count) and the gear ratio (which main gear?) to get the calculation right, then set the requested head speeds per bank.

Then, it will work like you say, you can spool up to bank 1 with one head speed, then switch to the other banks, with a second and third head speed.

The motor has 86 % of the kV of the recommended motor, so the max. head speed you can set up for will definitely be lower, and it also depends on the power the motor can deliver, so I would check the logs after the flights to see if the Governor (if VBar Governor) is reaching full throttle (especially at the end of a battery), this would be a hint that there's not more headroom for governing. If you notice drops in head speed, dial down the requested head speed, if not, it's just on edge and can be neglected.

You could also try and use a larger pinion of course, if you want higher head speeds.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login