Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V-bar does not piro flat at all

Posted by timterrones 
V-bar does not piro flat at all
October 30, 2012 04:07PM
Gaui mini Vbar 5.3 pro on a Align 550E 610's & 650 on the tail - CC80hv - CC Bec pro (6v) - Futaba 10c - Sbus R6203SB (previously had Bx with no issues)

I watched Mr Mel's vids on setup. Running H1, TX all trimmed out, sensor in the right direction, rotor direction correct, swash hr3, collective dir correct, servos move in the correct direction, swash leveled with swash leveler(low,mid,high), 14 on collective, 8 on cyclic and tail all good. CG is good.

I attempted my first hover after setup. Well attempting to piro. The heli does not piro flat at all in either direction. CCW it dips hard to the rear...CW dips towards the nose. Hard to explain but its pretty bad.

I strapped the heli to a stool that rotates 360 smoothly. With the heli spinning in circles the swash is not staying level (flat). The swash continues to move well spinning on a flat surface. Threw my 450 Pro with a BX on the stool...spun the stool..swash stays flat..no movement all

What may be causing my swash issue? LHS mentioned it may be my servos... but my electronics worked fine with Bx. I also tried a new setup on my TX from scratch..no luck. Guess i should of went with the real deal instead of the gaui version

Does my video make sense below? The swash is not staying level well spinning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nYXS3gLsn8&feature=plcp

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 05:16PM by timterrones.
RV
Re: V-bar does not piro flat at all
October 30, 2012 08:19PM
If the swash points always to the same direction while moving the heli under the rotor ---- you may possibly see the Piro optimization ;-)

But ... how about the cog and the trim flight?
TF done?

Can you add the setup file here?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 30, 2012 09:00PM
CG is fine...TF completed but the piro is wacky. Setup file attached. Is that how you want me to show my file...sorry im new here. Thank for the help btw!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 09:01PM by timterrones.
Attachments:
open | download - tim.vbr (5.5 KB)
October 30, 2012 09:02PM
it hovers like a champ but the piro is not so great.
October 31, 2012 08:48AM
Check "twin adhesive" that mount GAUI VBar, is VBar has "little" tilt? May Vbar pulled by the cable. Or twin adhesive too thick to make VBar had tilt.
October 31, 2012 08:42PM
Using the factory vbar tape...one layer only.
October 31, 2012 11:27PM
Open your case up, and have a look at the IC boards holding the elevator / aileron sensors on there.

If they look like the ones in the attachment, that's your problem.

November 01, 2012 12:00AM
Great mine looks just like that...one plate looks 90 (one on the rear) but the other is inward. Great!!! angry smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 12:18AM by timterrones.
November 01, 2012 12:02AM
Yeah there's your problem then, don't try and bend it straight, it'll just snap off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 12:03AM by timmytron.
November 01, 2012 12:21AM
Thx for the info timmytron! I take it you had the same issue? Was it also a Gaui version?
November 01, 2012 12:35AM
Yeah, I've had one with this issue (I've checked about 4 of them in total).

You wouldn't get this on a blueline (pictured below, left) as it has 2x dual axis sensors on the base board, whereas the Gaui has 3x single axis sensors which require them to be mounted perpendicular to the board.

November 01, 2012 12:37AM
Who handles the warranty for the gaui version? Gaui/empire rc?
November 01, 2012 12:48AM
You should go through the Gaui distributor for your country to handle it on your behalf. I'm in Australia.
November 01, 2012 12:56AM
Gotcha! Thanks for your help once again!!! I was pulling my hair out for 3 nights straight...mounted it in 3 different heli's and tried it with 2 TX (Fut & DX7) with the same results.
November 02, 2012 03:36AM
Here is another board from a fellow pilot that purchased a gaui kit at the same LHS. This is not looking so great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 03:51AM by timterrones.
November 02, 2012 08:55AM
Thanks for the information, we are looking into it why this happens. It seems to be a QC issue. We have to check.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
November 02, 2012 05:37PM
ulrich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the information, we are looking into it
> why this happens. It seems to be a QC issue. We
> have to check.

Ulrich

With the IC board mounted in an angle inwards. Would it cause funky swash movements? especially when pirouetting?
November 04, 2012 01:16PM
The Swash will not stay at the right level in the space, but wobble a bit. I would not call it funky, though. You will probably not notice it in the air without doing piruettes.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
November 04, 2012 02:26PM
It flies like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9UPR2ct8U&feature=g-upl

Flips / rolls are fine though.
RV
November 04, 2012 09:51PM
Ok, must be something basic ...

- which colours do thh bars in tx calibration have wehn moving ail/rud to right and collective positive and elevator for nose down?

- please add a image where we can see the complete (!!) main head incl. swash, servo and Vbar

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
November 04, 2012 11:40PM
Everything with the setup and helicopter (at least in my circumstance) checks out okay. When I filmed that little video above, I swapped between 3x Gaui Mini V-bars and 1x Blueline and all of them would fly 100% fine except for the one with the bent IC boards as pictured above.
November 05, 2012 01:06AM
timmytron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It flies like this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9UPR2ct8U&feature
> =g-upl
>
> Flips / rolls are fine though.

My buddies and mine do the same exact thing. Both boards are angled...Both were purchased at the same LHS. I know one more person that also purchased a gaui x5 and it also has a angled board but he has not flown it yet. So 3 out of the 6 kits @ LHS sold are bad. They still have 2 left on the shelf NIB and 1 works fine.

This board posted on Rcmania.hk today looks perfect compared to the boards posted above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2012 06:05AM by timterrones.
RV
November 05, 2012 12:54PM
Hello Timmy,

please send me a email to:

vstabi(at)mikado-heli.de

Refer to this thread, add your address.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2012 12:55PM by RV.
November 05, 2012 05:08PM
Email sent...Thank you sir!
November 06, 2012 06:01AM
RV you referring to me or timmytron to send you am email? There is (2) Tim's with the same issue?
RV
November 06, 2012 06:13PM
Ok, didn't mention that. So i am answering for both here.

I have been in contact with Mikado (and they have been in contact with GAUI) to get this sorted out.

Within the next days some new and double-checked VBars will arrive at the GAUI company for replacement use in case of this sensor board issue shown here.

Unfortunately we have to keep up the correct way to GAUI for sending back / getting the replacement. Please contact your dealer which may contact GAUI for the procedure in this case.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login