Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Counter-Clockwise Tail Drift

Posted by aramb 
Counter-Clockwise Tail Drift
July 01, 2012 01:18PM
I have an issue with an intermittent counter-clockwise tail drift on my T-Rex 800e that has a full-size vBar with 5.3 Pro. I have been in communication with Mr. Mel regarding this problem, but we have not yet come to a solution. I have another full-size vbar on my Fusion 50 and it has no issues whatsoever, so I am not sure why the problem exists with this particular heli.

The Trex 800 will rotate counterclockwise while in a stable hover at about 3-4 degrees per second. This occurs about 80 percent of the time. Occasionally, when I power on the helicopter, the tail will not drift at all. Additionally, during spoolup on the ground, the heli will rotate about 20 degrees counterclockwise. The Fusion 50, on the other hand, is rock solid in the hover and does not rotate on the ground during spoolup.

I have run the spectrum analyzer while in a stable hover and the only vibration of note is 136.5 Hz (8190 RPM) and it peaks at 161 on the scale. This is with a headspeed of 1830 RPM. The motor is a 700MX 470kV with a 9.33 gear ratio (112T slant main gear and 12T pinion). I am using Edge 753mm mains and 115mm tail blades.

I have viewed the Transmitter Setup page in the vbar software and I have all subtrims adjusted in the radio so that they are indicating 0% on the vbar page. I am not using expo in the radio (it is all in the vbar software). Increasing RC deadband to 40 has no effect.

I have the tail rotor linkage adjusted so that when the servo is centered, there is 3 degrees of pitch.

I installed a new tail servo to replace the DS650. It is a Futaba BLS 251. I have checked the trims in a flight modes. I ran a trim flight and that seemed to solve the problem until the next time I went out to fly and the problem was back again. The radio is a Spektrum DX8. I have checked the monitor page to make sure that it is not a problem with the rudder pot. Also, if it was a bad rudder pot, you would think the problem would also be present in my other helis, but it is not.

I know of one other person that has had the same exact problem and his problem was also intermittent. He switched to the silverline sensor and he now has the drift 100% of the time. So, I just don't know what to do at this point.

I have attached the log file, a screenshot of teh spectrum analyzer while in a stable hover and the vbar settings file.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aram

Attachments:
open | download - log_Trex800_062412.pdf (270.9 KB)
open | download - Trex700_062412.vbr (5.5 KB)
RV
Re: Counter-Clockwise Tail Drift
July 01, 2012 05:48PM
I can't see anything going wrong here.

Would it be possible to change the sensors form those 2 helis? - So we can estimate if it can be the sesnor or not.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login