Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBar gov and StatorGator

Posted by Peterw 
VBar gov and StatorGator
May 10, 2012 10:40PM
I have several governor errors in my log, It's a gasser and StatorGator sensor.
Power from servo port (5v) to supply higher voltage to the sensor.
Governor input contains glitches and it strikes me as the VBaren can not read the sensor?

Please let me know what this is and how to resolve It
Attachments:
open | download - G30_120508.vbr (5.5 KB)
open | download - G30_1_fly_log.pdf (116.5 KB)
Re: VBar gov and StatorGator
May 11, 2012 09:20AM
If I understand correctly, if you have this error on a nitro so it may be because the distance between the sensor / magnet?
I can not adjust the distance on a StatorGator :-)
Someone who can offer tips on how to make it work?
May 11, 2012 09:54AM
Hi.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this.

But the Advanced Search reveals a lot of reading on this issue, using gator as a query, and checking Questions V5 and 'All Dates'.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 11, 2012 10:40AM
Unfortunately, I find nothing that helps me move forward sad smiley
May 11, 2012 11:31AM
Works for a few, works not for many it seems, I've seen no "fix", except swapping to magnet type of sensor.
May 11, 2012 01:32PM
Have a green light on the magnet in VBar sw, does it automatically State that the StatorGator is connected right?

Could the spark plug may be the reason for this?
Does it help to increase the voltage and / or shift + - on the sensor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2012 01:36PM by Peterw.
May 11, 2012 01:56PM
Hi.

The green light shows that VBar gets a read on the sensor. But it's rather delayed, and even an intermittent read could show the green light but does not necessarily mean it's good when the the engine is running.

From what I heard a spark plug can mess up electronics, but usually, on a bigger heli, when you have the rc equipment mounted a few inches away, it should be good.

Maybe you can post some photos so we can see the wiring?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 11, 2012 01:57PM
Eddie, With all Futaba sensors its reversed
Always GREEN then it goes out when a pulse comes.

However, if this is going to be solved I think someone need to go down to Ulrich with a Gasser so he can test it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2012 02:03PM by MrMel.
May 11, 2012 03:31PM
Ah, OK, this would mean 'steady green' is no reading at all ... OK. #liveandlearn

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 11, 2012 03:39PM
MrMel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Always GREEN then it goes out when a pulse comes.

Could I see that If a start the engine?
May 13, 2012 05:11PM
Beginning to think that it is I who have done wrong in the Nitro Combined Channel :-(

Have one more question before I dare to start ..................
If I'm in Tx (N) has a curve 0%, 19%, 37.5%, 43%, 43%, 43%, this gives 1600 on the rotor.
Should I then in VBar basic menu click Govener curve icon and selecting Linear curve and adjust it to -100 -50 0 43 43 to get the same 1600 on the rotor?
January 31, 2013 03:05AM
I just ordered my MA Whiplash Gasser FBL (Flybarless) and reading around for V-Bar on Gassers.

I love my VBar on my Nitro TRex 600 FBL and I have friends with VBars on many electric 700+ size Helis. I almost upgraded my Synergy N9 to FBL but with the Nitro prices I desided to built a Gasser Heli instead!

i have good experiances with Gas engines on planes (DLE 55 and 111) but never used in on a heli so I am trying to find how eveything works with the lower rpm gasoline engines vibrations etc.

Searching through various forums I found the following about the StatorGator and VBar. Does it make sence to you guys?

RunRyder Info. for StatorGatos wit hVBar

"After finishing a gallon or so of breakin fuel through the Whiplash today I decided to try out the governor settings. I hooked up the Stator Gator as the directions called for with the red wire to the red marked side of the connector that replaces the kill switch on the RC motor.
To make sure the SG was getting adequate power I put the Red and Black wires in a separate servo connector plug. The white signal wire now is the last remaining wire on the original SG sensor connector. I then plugged the SG sensor plug (white wire only) into the Sensor II port on the VBar. I then plugged the servo plug with the red and black power wires from the SG sensor into the Servo connection on the VBar that is directly above the Sensor II PORT. Now you will be feeding the signal from the SG into the VBar Sensor II port and supplying direct voltage from the VBar at what ever power you are running to the VBar.
With these connections the SG worked fine as an RPM sensor for the VBar gov and it produced a very stable 1940 HS in idle 1 and 2060 in idle 2 almost exactly as calculated in the VBar program.

It would not work without separating the power wires from the SG sensor plug as the Sensor II port only has 3.3v to the power wires in connector."
RV
January 31, 2013 01:07PM
The voltage ... makes sense if the SG needs more than 3.3 V.

So ... try it.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login