Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to put mini VBar in Rate mode

Posted by harbormaster 
How to put mini VBar in Rate mode
May 27, 2011 06:45AM
How do I put VBar in Rate mode? I see a Rate mode button in the advanced tail settings, but it's difficult to tell if the button is actually doing something. And when I do push the Rate button, it looks like it stays highlighted in both bank 0 and 1, even though I selected it only in bank 1.

The reason I ask is because I would like to put my VBar heli in rate mode to set up the tail rotor mechanically. That is, I want to put the heli in Rate mode and then adjust the linkage so the tail holds in rate (the way I have always mechanically set up a tail).

Thanks for any help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2011 06:58AM by harbormaster.
Re: How to put mini VBar in Rate mode
May 27, 2011 09:08AM
Hi.

Well, actually this is not necessary, if you do it this way:

Servo arm as close to 90° to housing in setup mode, powered on.
Then power off, move it exactly 90° to housing manually, and adjust for 90° crank at the tail rotor (for most makes this is default), then you should see approx. 2-3° of pitch at the tail rotor.

Then do the trim flight an VBar adjusts for you, more accurately than you could do in most cases, and without the hassle.

But:

Rate Mode sets the I value (integrator, heading hold value) to zero.

You must have VBar connected and set to Bank mode (0/1/2/3) to access the banks separately from your tx, although you should be able to set it by "Edit Bank #" anyway.

Best regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 27, 2011 02:23PM
OK, thank you. I think I understand that...

I would feel much more confident with VBar if this kind of information was written down in a setup procedure somewhere in the manual. As it is, I often feel like I am tampering with the settings of a black box, not really quite sure what I'm doing...

I do appreciate the speedy tech support when I have questions!
RV
May 27, 2011 02:41PM
Yes you are right.

I tried to write this in a article here, maybe you didn't find it:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/842#tail

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login