Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RC Signal out of range alerts

Posted by borderlord 
RC Signal out of range alerts
February 19, 2018 11:15AM
Hi
Generally speaking, what's an obvious cause for RC signal out of range alerts? Recently checked event logs on three of my models, and found them covered in these alerts.
These models fly on either 35Mhz JR or 2.4g FrSky, so its not the radio. I have checked and double checked all the connections and they are sound.
The alerts seem to sequence through all the channels, so it's not a single connection causing the problem.
In fact the only thing these have in common is the pc software. Is it possible that this has somehow become corrupted?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Jeff
RV
Re: RC Signal out of range alerts
February 19, 2018 12:56PM
The signal pulsewidth is out of a 115% Window here. Does it appear only at the endpoints? Was the tx calibrated according to the advise ?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 12:56PM by RV.
February 19, 2018 05:47PM
Hi Rainer, thanks for the quick reply.

Both transmitters were calibrated exactly according to the instructions.
Not quite sure what you mean by 'only at the endpoints'.
I have checked the endpoints I set on the transmitters, and none is near 115%. Can't say exactly what happens in flight, but I have both cyclic throws downrated to 60% so they're nowhere near 115% either.
Also forgot to mention. On one of the event logs I saw two more strange entries.
They were 'sensor disconnected' and 'supply voltage below 3.15v'. Since both models are running on bec's at 5.5v can't see how that would come about.
Does that help at all?
Jeff
RV
February 19, 2018 06:34PM
OK - having Voltage Errors - we must dive deeper into the heli.

Please add a full list of used components. Here we may have either a too weak BEC or Servos with reverse current effects.

Both may also restart the VBar or Receiver - and in the first ingoing signals there may be "cut off" signals (out of range from pulsewidth).

Ths could also happen due static discharge from a belt or voltage hits from the motor cables. They can disturb the PPM signals - and e.g. cut one normal pulse (within the defined range) into 2 half-short pulses (now not in the range ...).

Is this reproduceable on the bench when:

- Pitchpump 50 is set and we are doing Pitch Pumps
- Motor is running (w/o blades)
- Motor is running reversed (change 2 Motor cables)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 06:36PM by RV.
March 20, 2018 10:10PM
Hi Rainer

Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while, but I've been trying some things out myself, with little success.
So far I've changed the receiver, switched from 35Mhz to 2.4g, changed the FBL unit, checked all the leads both stationary and running but found nothing.
Only success I have had is by moving the esc lead outside the frame. Seemed not to get these alerts.
Didn't really like it that way, so I moved it back in again, but routed as far away from the electronics as I could, and added a ferrite ring.
That made things worse.
Attached is the event log, as you will see apart from a couple of vibration alerts, every thing else is out of range.
I know the fbl unit is supposed to ignore these alerts and wait for the next good signal, but with all of them out of range, where is the next good signal going to come from?
Does any of this suggest anything?

Jeff
Attachments:
open | download - 3-470LP-Mar 20.pdf (37.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login