Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini Vbar, pitch curve and control rates questions

Posted by Fluburtur 
Mini Vbar, pitch curve and control rates questions
February 18, 2018 05:54PM
Hey, first post here.

I recently got a used trex 450 from a friend that came with a mini vbar. I did all the mechanical setup (was already nearly perfect) and it is now ready to fly however I have some questions.

It doesn't seem like I can change the amount of positive/negative collective pitch and cyclic pitch in the software, I guess the agility slider will make the bird docile even with fairly high maximum pitch but I wanted to know if I could program a pitch curve and cyclic rates in the radio directly.

I did search on the internet for several days and found everything and its opposite so I just wanted to be sure.

I don't really need 14° of positive and negative collective pitch as I am just learning (however I already fly planes and have no problem with them, not a total newbie to rc stuff)

-4 to +10° of collective would be plenty and probably less than 15° of cyclic as well.

I would be grateful if you helped me on that, my bird wants to fly and so do I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 05:55PM by Fluburtur.
RV
Re: Mini Vbar, pitch curve and control rates questions
February 18, 2018 08:05PM
Collective:

- Sticks calibrated +-100% and linear curve in TX
- Set in VBar with the Slider to the max you need (e.g. 13 deg.)
- Alter curves in TX afterwards as you like ;-)

Cyclic:

- the throw isn't stick-related - it is controlled by the VBar depending on Stick (Target rate) and Sensor (Current Rate) values. So it should be set as close as possible to maximum (therefore use CR in Swash Expert at approx. hover Pitch with full ail+elev stick, set unless it binds there).

- to have different Rates - yo can either Switch banks (more different setup values, keep a Bank similar to a flight condition but in VBar) or even modify the inputs (target rates) from TX with the D/R there etc. - but do not exceed 115% of our input values there.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 18, 2018 08:52PM
Thank you very much!
February 22, 2018 08:25PM
Hello, I have another issue with my helicopter.

Sometimes when flying it will move rather violently in one axis (like if the rear swashplate servo moved suddenly)
I know it is not my fault as I move the stick very delicately and it can't be a radio glitch either because im very close so could it be the vbar reacting weird to the wind?

You can see in this video what im talking about.

I will test the servo more in depth so make sure it isn't related to the servo.
RV
February 22, 2018 10:38PM
Could you please add the event log (all entries) here?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 10:38PM by RV.
February 23, 2018 01:42PM
Here is the link to the log.

It contains a lot of out of range errors which is weird given I did calibrate the transmitter. At the end of the log the helicopter was plugged in the computer and I was checking the inputs and all were correct.

I noticed that one of the legs of my training gear was vibrating in flight so could that cause the weird behavior?
RV
February 25, 2018 07:30AM
So the entries depend on the running motor?

Ther might be either a static hit issue or a defective motor cable isulation.

If a belt driven tail - run the motor backwards (against freewheel) and test on the bench. If still there - Motor, if not it looks like belt.

but - it could always be a loose contact, which connection between VBar and RX is used?

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login