Vbar Logo 400 Setup With Futaba FASST
June 27, 2009 07:22AM
Hi,

I have the following setup :

Logo 400
Vstabi Version 4
Futaba 12FGH Transmitter
Futaba R680FS receiver
The arms from the servos to the blade grips are setup as per manual (12mm of metal between servo arms)
The arms from the swash plate to the blade grips have been setup to establish 0 degrees pitch at mid stick (note 35mm as advised by manual was incorrect)

I’m currently experiencing :

• too much servo travel for the cyclic servos
• double movement of swash plate when I use the transmitter to go full elevator or aileron – it goes a certain way then it goes even further after a one second delay

How do I fix the above issues?

Is this something to do with the cabling between the Futaba receiver and the Mikado Vbar unit? When I checked the Vbar manual it did not advise servo settings for the Futaba FASST style of receiver which are different than the standard receivers.

I have used the following setup :

Mikado Vbar - Futaba R608FS FASST Receiver

Rudder - Channel 4
Collective - Channel 3
Aileron - Channel 1
Elevator - Channel 2

Could you also advise where the ESC should plug into on the Futaba R608FS receiver. I currently have it plugged into Channel 6 on the Futaba R608FS receiver.

When I look at the servo monitor on the Futaba 12FGH transmitter I have the following :

Ch 1= Ail
Ch2 = Ele
Ch3 = Pit
Ch4 = Rud
Ch5 = Gy
Ch6 = Thr

Many Thanks

Paul
RV
Re: Vbar Logo 400 Setup With Futaba FASST
June 27, 2009 09:22AM
Hello Paul,

the 2-step swash movement at flight mode is quiet normal. In general the moves look a little strange on the bench in flight mode. It should be ok in setup mode.

Servo travel for cyclic ... if you use a stock L400 VStabi and 17mm servo arms (mid servo axis to mid linkage ball axis)as recommended in the hovertext (mouse hover over text field at preset loading) the travel will be ok.

Don't forget, you will only give a rotation rate to the system by your stick input at flight and the control loop needs some spare travel for acceleration / deceleration and to correct issues from outside (wind ...).

So there are no issues to fix. All quiet normal in this conditions.

Futaba RX and Channel assignments ....

This is a very unlucky part of Futaba history. I am really sad about the facts of this. Unfortunately Futaba has about 4 or 6 different channel assignments to their FASST radios depending on TX and RX models.

So be sure you ste your TX to a 1servo H-1 heli mixing and have a look in your Radio manuals for correct assignment.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/12fg-manual.pdf

Page 46

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/futk9275-sellsheet.pdf

It depends on the used mode (7-ch or multi) both possible with the used TM-14 module:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/tm14-manual.pdf

Sorry, icn't help you more. To figure out the assignments you can use the live bars in PC soft, then this should be done easy.

ESC also ... have a look at the nauals or ty (use a old servo for test instead of the ESC)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Re: Vbar Logo 400 Setup With Futaba FASST
June 28, 2009 02:28AM
Rainer,

Thanks for the lightning fast response.

As a newbie to Mikado and the flybarless system, I have to say I've been highly impressed with the whole Mikado experience thus far. The build was highly enjoyable, the simplicity of the design is a real bonus (especially when it comes to potential repairs and tuning), getting rid of the flybar is satisfying, and your technical support has is of the highest standard.

Now comes the real test .... the Maiden flight.

Regards

Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login