Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Cyclic Pitch Rigid

geschrieben von Jurrien Saelens 
Cyclic Pitch Rigid
21.05.2009 10:14:33
I just saw some pictures of a Rigid on a Dutch forum. It has 14° cyclic pitch and 14° collective pitch.
I was very surprised to see that it has 14° cyclic pitch with cyclic ring 75 and cyclic gain 100.

Cyclic pitch RIGID

Is this normal? I always thought that 10-11° cyclic pitch was more than enough for a flybarless heli.
So with 14° he effectively reduces his cyclic resolution by 30% or am I missing something?

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.05.2009 10:49 von Jurrien Saelens.
Re: Cyclic Pitch Rigid
22.05.2009 09:29:18
i do not believe that cyclic is over 14° pitch i have never measured. When you enter the "basic setup" within Henseleit VStabi the max. cyclic you can see are not identically to what you have during flight and if you are out of the setup so control is active you won`t measure correctly either... So i can`t tell you exactly where we at but for sure not 14°...

When you will use the provided setup it will work fine, this is what i can tell at least..

all the best Matt

Matt Finke

www.henseleit-helicopters.de
22.05.2009 17:46:09
>When you enter the "basic setup" within Henseleit VStabi the max. cyclic you can see are not identically to what you have during flight

Yes, I know, but is it the same as with the VStabi4.0.17 PC software or does iStabi give a different cyclic pitch value when in setup mode?

When I measure with my IonX2 helicopter I get 11° with cyclic ring at 73, cyclic gain 100.
A logo600 shows about 10° with cyclic ring 70 and cyclic gain 100.
Now his rigid has 14° cyclic pitch when in iStabi setup menu...

I'm just trying to help him set up his helicopter the best way. He used the same servo's BLS451 and the thick futaba servo arms like in the Rigid manual. The manual is not very clear here, they suggest 16-18mm servo horn, but the one shown in the pictures is the thick futaba one which is actually 18.5mm.

Which servo arms do you use?

Can I attach his iStabi box to the Vstabi PC software 4.0.17?

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 22.05.2009 18:14 von Jurrien Saelens.
RV
22.05.2009 18:50:33
Can I attach his iStabi box to the Vstabi PC software 4.0.17?

i think so ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
22.05.2009 19:02:46
Yes, no problem. The Firmware is identical. Only PC Software is simplifyied

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
25.05.2009 16:58:16
At a funfly yesterday I checked the cyclic pitch of that rigid myself while in setup menu of the VStabi PC software 4.0.17 .

It was indeed 14° cyclic pitch.

I'm sure this is not needed in flight so wouldn't it be better to change the geometry to get about 10-11° cyclic pitch? I think it will yield a better resolution from the servo's (of course you would loose some speed).

Maybe shorter links on the inner swash, they seem very long, or wider blade grip pitch arms they seem under 30mm...

Or is there a good reason for the 14° and would decreasing it with different geometry be a bad idea?
25.05.2009 17:12:51
Correct, the Geometry is a bit on the cyclic side, but this gives nice headroom i.e. if heavier blades are used. Since the complete heli is set up for extreme power, this may be useful. If you will never reach the cyclic ring, flips and rolls are nice consistent in every situation. So its a bit a design question how this is configured. This demands stiff linkages, very powerful servos and a good power supply, but thats exactly what most have in this heli.

BTW: *very* nice Flight is saw in the Video. The blue sky and the clean canopy makes it look a bit like in a simulator smiling smiley

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login